Impacts And Benefits Of A Satellite Power System On The Electric Utility Industry
- Contract Number: 954639
- Release year: 1978
- Pages: 140
- Arthur D Little
- Electric Power Research Institute
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory - NASA
Marshall E Alper, Piet Bos, John Bzura, Peter Edward Glaser, Gerald Larocque, James Nicol, Irving Stein, B M Winer
1) Stability of power pools containing a 5GWe SPS.
2) Extra reserve margin required to maintain the reliability of power pools containing a 5GWe SPS
3) Use of the SPS in load following service (i.e. in two independent pools whose times of peak demand differ by three hours)
4) Ownership of the SPS and its effect on SPS usage and utility costs
5) Utility sharing of SPS related RD&D Costs
6) Utility lability for SPS related hazards.
On mobile devices, viewers will open in a new tab